1- via Finder
- In Finder, open up your Macintosh HD folder
- Press Command+Shift+Dot
- Your hidden files will become visible. Repeat step 2 to hide them again!
2- via Terminal commands
- Open the Terminal application by searching for it in Spotlight (press
Command + Spaceand type “Terminal”), or by navigating to
- In the Terminal window, type the following command and press
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Next, restart the Finder by typing the following command and pressing
- After the Finder restarts, you should now be able to see hidden files and folders in Finder. To hide the hidden files again, follow the same steps but replace “YES” with “NO” in the command on step 2.
Note that some hidden files are important system files, so it’s recommended to only modify or delete files if you know what you’re doing.